FSC reached an important milestone with the approval of the FSC Core Labour Requirements within the Chain of Custody (CoC) standards.
These new labour requirements put workers’ rights on the agenda for around 45,000 FSC CoC certificate holders worldwide, and let consumers know that FSC-certified products come from companies that are checked for their respect for workers’ rights.
The FSC Core Labour Requirements include:
- Effective abolition of child labour
- Elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour
- Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Respect of freedom of association
- Respect effective right to collective bargaining
READ MORE | HERE